Difference between revisions of "15th century"
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
* 1410[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Badby John Badby] is the first person [[burned at the stake]] for [[heresy]] in [[England]].
* 1415[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Huss John Hus] is burned at the stake.
* 1417[[Great Schism]] of the [[Catholic Church]] is ended.
Revision as of 06:33, 18 September 2011
- 1410: John Badby is the first person burned at the stake for heresy in England.
- 1415: John Hus is burned at the stake.
- 1417: Great Schism of the Catholic Church is ended.
- 1429 - Jeanne d'Arc leads French forces to a victory against England in a battle of the Hundred Years War.
- 1480 - The Spanish Inquisition is established.
- 1492 - Muslims and Jews are expelled from southern Spain after almost 800 years of Muslim rule.
- 1492 - Christopher Columbus reaches Caribbean islands.
- 1498 - Christopher Columbus reaches South America.
- 1498 - Vasco da Gama completes sea voyage to India.
- Filippo Brunelleschi invents one-point perspective, leads innovation in Italian architecture
- Leonardo da Vinci, inventor and painter
- Henry VII, English King founds the Tudor dynasty
Inventions, Discoveries, Introductions
Some Groups That Cover This Period
- Pictures of 15th century Female Dress including burgundian - http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/15th/index.html
- The golden crown of Queen Margaret - http://www.virtue.to/articles/margaret.html
- Some Clothing of the Middle Ages - http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/bockhome.html