England is a country in Europe but we guess you knew that. It is part of the British Isles. Much of the activities in the SCA are based around period English life and people tend to hold rather romantic views of places such as London.
Brief history of England
People of England
The following is a list of important historical figures of England
Cities of England
The following are some of England's important cities
- London -- Roman capital and always a major city
- Winchester -- A traditional site of the Royal Treasury, in Hampshire
- Gloucester -- old Roman site, bordering South Wales
- Chester -- as Gloucester, but at the N end of Wales
- Lincoln -- cathedral city of the East Midlands
- York -- main city of the North; Roman, then Viking, then English; seat of the Archbishop
- Durham -- cathedral and castle defended in a loop of the River Wear; sufficiently close to [[Scotland, and away from London for the bishop to be given palatine powers
- Lancaster -- Roman site, castle, medieval port
- Bristol -- port which grew in importance as time passed until it challenged Gloucester for the title of main city of Western England
The following is a list of important 'period' events in England
- The Battle of Hastings.
- Signing of the Magna Carta
- War of the Roses
- English Civil War -- technically post-Period
The SCA in England
This article is a stub. You can help Cunnan by expanding it.