Pack at least one set of hot and one set of cold. Be ready when the weather does the most annoying thing you can think of.
- Boots or other footwear (x 2 pairs) walking, dancing, fighting
- T-Tunics and Pants
- Dresses, bodices, chemises, skirt
- Fancy Garb
- pouch to put your money and other stuff in
- Socks or hose and underwear or braies
- Stuff to wear to bed (depending upon shared state of sleeping arrangements). Undertunics/dresses make great period nightgowns for both sexes. Otherwise consider pyjamas/boxers unless you are close friends with your tent mate.
- A *warm* Cloak (it can get real cold at night). Hint: Cotton cloaks aren't very warm.
- Mundane Clothing - a dry outfit in the car can make a world of difference if everything else gets wet
- A plan for handling rain: excellent cloak, modern rain gear, hanging out in a tent all day. Wool is a wonderful thing.
- A hat, hood, cap or some kind of other head covering.
- Food or membership of a food fund
- snack food since you cannot rely on merchants being available and communal snacks never last long, if they even exist
- Water, as most other beverages do not keep you hydrated
- Alcohol and a bottle opener for wine or flip tops.
- Non-alcholic Cordial if you get sick of drinking plain tank water during the day.
Dishes and utensils
- Bowl, trencher
- Spoons (2 are harder to loose than one, besides, I don't like eating sweet stuff with a spoon that's covered in vegetable gunk),
- Tankard, goblet, drinking horn, cup or similar
- Pots and pans
- Measuring cups, spatula, mixing spoons
- Cooking fire iron ware like spits, tripods, coal shovels
- Clean up stuff
- Pot to heat clean-up water
- Dish soap and dishtowel
- Basket(s) to hold/carry stuff
- Tent (period or modern) including ropes, stakes and poles (failing this, find someone else's tent)
- Sleeping bag/blanket (bring extra) (failing this, find someone else's)
- Pillow - optional, but much more comfortable
- Lilo/sleeping mat/air mattress/cot
- Duct tape
- Cable ties and safety pins
- Plastic bags for garbage, dirty clothes, keeping stuff (like your new drum dry)
- Towel and wash cloths
- Hair brush or comb
- Shaving razor, cream, mirror
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
- Hot water plan: solar shower bag, propane heat, shower house
- Armour and armour repair kit (straps break, rivets pull out)
- Musical instruments
- Craft tools and material
- Class materials or notebook
- Money to buy cool stuff from the merchants
- Craft projects - if you're not fighting, there'll be plenty of time to sew/knit/braid/weave, etc while you watch the fighting or socialise.
- A Good Supply of No Shit, There I Was stories. (Note- these are generally available on-site).
- Pain killer
- Allergy meds
- Personal meds
- Insect repellent