Kingdom of Lochac
Quarterly azure and argent, on a cross gules a crown between four mullets of six points, in canton a laurel wreath argent.
When the SCA groups in a region fulfill certain criteria (as specified by Corpora), they can become a kingdom, provided sufficient members wish to do so. This occurred in Australia in July 2002. The New Zealand groups joined the new kingdom at the Lochac May Crown, 2003.
The name Lochac comes from the writings of Marco Polo, where he catalogs the lands to the south. Lochac is described as a land south of Java with a sovereign king. Late sixteenth century maps can be found with Luchac, Beach and Maletur forming part of a large mainland area in the position of Western Australia.
To be added.
See Groups in Lochac for a full list.
The King and Queen of Lochac are chosen biannually in either the November Crown Tourney, or the May Crown Tourney. They are then crowned some months later at the Twelfth Night Coronation in January or the Midwinter Coronation in June respectively. All entrants in the Crown Tournament must be at least 18 years of age, a subject of Lochac and hold a current passport. The tourney is usually fought as a double elimination tournament.
Crown Tournaments and Coronations
Lochac's Crown tournaments occur during May and November, and Coronations occur in January (Twelfth Night) and July (Midwinter). See bidding for a crown event if you or your group is interested in hosting one of these events.
Other Regular Kingdom Events
- Bal d'Argent
- Rowany Festival
- Inter-College War
- Combined Guilds Day
- Canterbury Faire
- Great Northern War
- Great Southern Gathering
- Silver Pegasus - for exceptional service. A GoA is included if the recipient doesn't have one.
- Cockatrice - for exceptional accomplishment in the Arts and Sciences. A GoA is included if the recipient doesn't have one.
- Red Wyvern - for exceptional achievements in any of the martial arts. A GoA is included if the recipient doesn't have one.
- Golden Tear - For service. An AoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one.
- Golden Lily - For Arts & Sciences. (Was known as the Lily). An AoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one.
- Golden Sword - For Skill & Prowess in Heavy Combat. (Was known as the Hasta Belli). An AoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one.
- The Nock - For Skill & Prowess in Archery. An AoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one.
- The Rapier - For Skill & Prowess in Rapier Combat. An AoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one.
- White Scarf - Outstanding Excellence in Rapier combat. A GoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one (Closed in Lochac with the opening of the Order of Defence).
- Lochac Company of Archers - Outstanding Excellence in Archery. A GoA is generally also awarded if the recipient doesn't have one.
- Lochac Order of Grace - Give to the person the King & Queen find most thoughtful of all (in Their Kingdom), dignified in carriage and gracious in spirit and thought.
- Pride of Lochac - awarded to an outstanding group or household
- Prix Jongleur - For excellence in the arts of entertainment.
- Prometheus - For teaching.
- The Rowan - given to those who have displayed exceptional and consistent grace and courtesy to all.
- The Silver Helm - those fighters in Lochac who made a determined effort to improve their appearance in the field of combat.
- The Cross of Lochac - Given to people in other Kingdoms who help and support Lochac.
West | East | Middle | Atenveldt | Meridies | Caid | Ansteorra | Atlantia | An Tir | Calontir | Trimaris | Outlands | Drachenwald | Artemisia | Æthelmearc | Ealdormere | Lochac | Northshield | Gleann Abhann | Avacal