- 1508: Crossbows banned to increase the practise of using the longbow.
- 1543: Copernicus publishes his theory of a heliocentric solar system.
- 1545: The first English book on archery, Toxophilus: The School of Shooting by Ascham, is published.
- The Council of Trent (1545-1563)
- 1595: The English longbow retired as a frontline weapon.
- 1597: John Dowland's First Booke of Songs published, marking the start of "The English Lute School"
- Henry VIII
- Elizabeth I
- Sir Walter Raleigh
- Sir Francis Drake
- Catherine de' Medici
- Michelangelo Buonarroti
- Martin Luther
- William Shakespeare
- Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor
- Roger Ascham
Some Groups that Cover this Period
- Mary of Hapsburg's Gown - http://www.virtue.to/guest_authors/hungarian.html
- Mary of Hungary's gown in photos - http://frazzledfrau.glittersweet.com/mary/index.htm
- Female Tudor dress - http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/tudor/index.html
- An Elizabethan site - http://costume.dm.net
- A Festive attire research page - http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attye/research/index.html
- Female German 16th century dress - http://frazzledfrau.glittersweet.com/
- Venetian Women's Dress Recreated - http://www.geocities.com/oonaghsown/
- Venetian Women's Dress Images - http://au.geocities.com/bella_lucia_da_verona/index.htm
- Turkish Women's Coat - http://www.geocities.com/oonaghsown/turkish_coat_for_venice.htm
- Spanish women's court garb - http://sayaespanola.glittersweet.com