Bidding for a crown event
Any group in the Kingdom of Lochac is entitled to bid for a Crown event. Bids are presented to the seneschal and the council of the purse, comprising the King and Queen, the Kingdom seneschal and the Kingdom exchequer.
A bid must usually comprise:
- Details of the steward and stewarding team.
- Event budget including cost breakdowns and expected profit.
- Details of the site, facilities, etc.
- Any other information that the group thinks will help them win their bid.
Bids are usually presented between 18 and 12 months in advance of the event. The current schedule for crown events is:
- November Crown (Lochac) 2004
- to be held in the Barony of Ildhafn.
- Twelfth Night Coronation (Lochac) 2005
- to be held in the Shire of Arrowsreach.
- May Crown (Lochac) 2005
- to be held in the Barony of St Florian de la Riviere.
- Midwinter Coronation (Lochac) 2005
- to be held in the Barony of Innilgard.
- November Crown (Lochac) 2005
- bids are open, and close at Spring War in Mordenvale.
- Twelfth Night Coronation (Lochac) 2006
- bids will open at Spring War and close at November Crown tourney in Ildhafn.