Barony of South Downs
Per pale sable and azure, three mullets one and two within a laurel wreath argent.
South Downs is an SCA Barony of the Kingdom of Meridies mundanely located in Atlanta, GA. It holds business meetings on the first Wednesday, project night workshops on the second Wednesday, dance classes on the third Wednesday, and A&S classes on the fourth Wednesday of each month. On months that have a fifth Wednesday, the Barony of South Downs will generally have an in-garb potluck social meeting. Meetings are held from 7pm until 9pm local time (EST/EDT) in the Doraville Civic Center in Doraville, Georgia.
Founded originally as the Shire of South Downs in A.S. VI (1971) as a branch of the Kingdom of Atenveldt. In A.S. VI the Shire was granted official status. It was raised to the status of Barony in A.S. IX as the first Baron South Downs, Sven of Vandelaven was elevated to Baron and Knighted as Sir Sven on the same trip to Aten Coronation in Phoenix, AZ by Robert Roundpounder. Became part of Meridies when that kingdom was created in A.S. XII.
- Founding Baron: Sven of Vandelaven, the Fierce -- 1/12/1974, Sven's Baroness: Melucine de Ronceverte -- 4/26/1978
- Baron: William Colquitt, Baroness: Helene of Florisshen -- 3/28/1981
- Baron: John of Ean Airgead, the Mad Celt, Baroness: Rondallyn of Golgotha -- 7/20/1985
- Baron: Karl von Kruk -- 11/12/1995
- Baron: Conmael O Maolmhoicheirghe, Baroness: Ximena Yannez de Talavera -- 11/20/1999
- Baron: Borgar the Bright, Baroness: Laurettia atte Blacksterre called Lourene -- 4/26/2003
- Baron: Cathal MacEdan na Faeled, Baroness: Carol Jane Ravenridge -- 9/2006
- Baron: Hajji Turahan Karamani al-Arsalan, Baroness: Jadi Fatima al-Ishfahani al-Samarkandiyya -- 9/18/2010
- Baron: Lorenzo Petrucci, Baroness: Adela Scrijver van Brugge -- 10/4/2014
Baron Lorenzo Petrucci and Baroness Adela Scrijver stepped up in 2014 at Red Tower.
|Barony of Iron Mountain | Barony of the Osprey | Barony of Bryn Madoc | Barony of South Downs | Barony of Thor's Mountain|