From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
Woman is a term reserved for adult human females.
- The most important thing in your life is your marital status - single, married, or widowed
- You probably did not (or will not) marry for love, unless you live in the later SCA Period
- You will probably give birth to multiple children
- You have a high probability of dying in childbirth
- You will probably work to support yourself if you are not a member of the nobility
- Common occupations include seasonal agricultural labour, the textiles trade (spinning, weaving, etc), being a servant, hospitality (running an inn or tavern), or taking over the business of your husband if you are widowed
- If you were too well-bred to work for pay, you would spend your time in household management, needlework, religious and charitable duties, or during the Renaissance in particular, educating yourself in the arts.
- You were probably not literate, unless you were of the upper classes, late period, or both.