From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
"sargent" or "sergeant" ?
- Sergeant. As far as I can tell it's not a question of US vs. UK spelling. Organization on the other hand is, so I have left it. Conrad Leviston 08:13, 19 Oct 2005 (CDT)
Okay, what I would like added to this page is trivial information like:
- Who had standing armies? e.g. baronies? kingdoms? city-states?
- What jobs formed a period army? e.g. archers, engineers, washerwomen, bodyguards, falconers?
- What resources were carried with an army? e.g. tents, thrones, pigeon coops?
- Were armies generally for offense or defense?