A Principality is an area reined over by a Prince or Princess. A principality may be a sovereign state, such as modern day Liechtenstein or Monaco, or it may be a region within a larger kingdom ruled over by the heir apparent, such as Wales or Asturias in Spain.
- At least 100 SCA members.
- Candidates for all Great Officer positions.
- A name and device registered with the College of Arms.
- Consensus from the local members that they want to become a principality.
- A record of active events & participation.
- Enough peers to provide leadership and knowledge.
- Enough good fighters to contest the Coronet tournament.
- "A body of principality law".
Currently, the following groups have been accorded the status of Principality
- The Principality of the Mists
- The Principality of Cynagua
- The Principality of Oertha
- The Principality of Tir Righ
- The Principality of the Summits
- The Principality of Nordmark
- The Principality of Insulae Draconis
- Crown Principality - a principality that isn't