Defunct Groups in Ealdormere
A number of early SCA groups in the Kingdom of Ealdormere were founded, many of which failed after a few years. The names of many of these groups are recorded in the Chronicles of Eoforwic and the Historia Septentriae, although their mundane locations may not be.
Defunct groups are generally said to have "fallen into ruin"; occasionally, an extant group is said to be "founded on the ruins" of a defunct group which previously existed in their area.
An incomplete list
- Aron Araf -- Mentioned in the Historia Septentriae as holding their first event in A.S. XIV, it was noted as being "cursed", and "fell into ruin" after many years. This canton was established in Stratford, Ontario, later to be replaced by the canton of Ashford-upon-Avon.
- Dubras -- A short-lived canton, Dubras dissolved in A.S. XV, later to be replaced by the Canton of der Welfengau.
- Kalendia Formas -- Founded as a shire of Ealdormere in A.S. XII, it dissolved shortly thereafter and was never restarted.
- Noerlandia -- Founded as a canton in A.S. X, notable for hosting the first Feast of the Bear in Septentria.
- Pont y Scythe -- Now defunct, it was established in the city of Burlington, in territory now controlled by the Barony of Ben Dunfirth.
- Roaring Wastes -- Mentioned in the Historia Septentriae as being "to the southwest of Septentria", it was mundanely in the city of Tillsonburg, now lands held by the Shire of Trinovantia Nova.
- Steinbach -- Founded in A.S. XXII near Stony Creek, Ontario, this canton existed briefly and dissolved. The lands formerly held by this canton are now part of the Barony of Ben Dunfirth.
- Swan's Deep -- Now defunct, it was established in the city of Midland, now part of the Canton of Caer Draeth.
- Westbellford -- Centred on the city of Brantford, Ontario, this canton has recently folded and its lands returned to the Barony of Ben Dunfirth.
- Wessexmere -- A short-lived canton, later replaced by the Canton of Bryniau Tywynnog in the Barony of Ramshaven.
- Whit's End -- Briefly existed in A.S. XXXII, this group dissolved and reformed later as the Canton of Greenhithe.