- It becomes the principal port of the Kingdom, known as "Acre" as they believed (erroneously) that it was the site of the Philistine and biblical city of Ekron..
- 1187 -- city re-captured by Saladin; Guy of Lusignan beseiges it in 1189, and in 1191 the Third Crusade retake the city, and, with Jerusalem now lost, it becomes the de facto capital of the Crusader state.
- 1229 -- city given over to the Knights Hospitaller
- 1291 -- city beseiged and captured by Mameluke forces
- 1517 -- city captured by the Ottoman Turks after which it declines almost to nothing by the end of the 17th century
This article is a stub. You can help Cunnan by expanding it.