Veal Soup (recipe)
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- 2 cups of dried mixed soup vegetables
- 5 onions
- 200g butter
- 1.25l. beef stock
- 6.25l water
- 2.2kg veal bones
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- two bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp mace
- Soak the dried vegetables overnight.
- Chop the onions finely and sauté in butter within a large pot until they are clear.
- Add the other ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for a two hours or a bit more (depending on volume) with the lid on.
- It has been cooking long enough when the meat is readily removed from the bones without the cartilage dissolving.
- Remove all the bones and gristle.
This can readily be made the previous day, and the excess fat removed (if desired) when it is cold. Reheats readily. Serves about 60