Veal Soup (recipe)
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- 2 cups of dried mixed soup vegetables, soaked overnight
- 5 onions, finely chopped
- 200g butter
- 1.25l beef stock
- 6.25l water
- 2.2kg veal bones
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- two bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp mace
- In a large pot, sauté the onions in butter until translucent.
- Add the other ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and put on the lid. Simmer for a two hours or until the meat is readily removed from the bones.
- Remove all the bones and gristle.
This can be made a day in advance and reheated. Serves ~60.