- What are the wedding colours in different cultures? red? white? black?
- Who ran the ceremony? The priest? The groom? The father of the bride? The lord of the groom?
- Was the lord of the couple actually invited? Who else was invited?
- Did everyone give gifts?
- What differences were there between weddings at the various levels of society, e.g. peasant wedding, middle-class wedding, wedding of nobility?
- Was there a separation between ceremony and feast or were they one and the same?
- Cian Gillebhrath 09:41, 27 October 2006 (EST)
I seem to recall that medieval marriages were less formalised and the church aspects were only requirements from a later 16th/17century edict. I shall have to find the book I was reading that mentioned it.--User 144 10:09, 27 October 2006 (EST)