From the Forme of Cury.
- LOSEYNS. XX.II. IX.
- Take gode broth and do in an erthen pot, take flour of payndemayn and make therof past with water. and make therof thynne foyles as paper with a roller, drye it harde and seeth it in broth take Chese ruayn grated and lay it in disshes with powdour douce. and lay theron loseyns isode as hoole as thou mizt. and above powdour and chese, and so twyse or thryse, & serue it forth.
- Loseyns. Vide in Gloss.
- foyles as paper. Leaves of paste as thin as paper.
- Chese ruyan. 166. Vide Gloss.
- mizt. Might, i.e. can.
From the Peerless Kitchen
- Enough wide lasagne noodles for five layers in a 9x9 square baking pan.
- 200g mild rich cheese (provolone, asagio, young gouda, etc.)
- 2tsp powder douce
- 1 tsp butter
- stock to boil the noodles in
Boil the lasagne noodles in stock until done to your liking. Grate the cheese. Cut the butter into small bits and put them in the bottom of a 9x9" baking pan. Arrange the first layer of noodles in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with cheese and powder douce. Continue layering until you have used all of the ingredients (end with cheese and powder douce). Bake at 150C (300F) until heated through and bubbly. Makes 9 small or 4 large serves.