Leeks and Mushrooms (recipe)
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
Mushrooms and Leeks (serves 4 - 6)
- 8 small leeks
- 1/8 tsp. saffron
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 750g mushrooms, quartered
- Buerre Manie: 3 tsp. butter combined with 3 Tbsp. white flour
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- Wash leeks, and slice them into rings. Discard roots and greens.
- Saute the leeks in butter in a large, heavy frypan until they start to wilt.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Combine stock, sugar, saffron, ginger and pour this liquid over vegetables.
- Simmer covered in the pot for about 2 minutes.
- Add Buerre manie, stirring rapidly over a low flame until the liquid thickens and vegetables are evenly glazed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.