Help the autocrat
- weeks/days before the event
- Book early for an event to help planning
- ALWAYS tell the autocrat/feastocrat any special dietary requirements (or expect to not be able to eat much). Yes, this does include vegetarians.
- If you can help with a particular job, like cleaning up, let the autocrat know in advance that they'll have a helper (and don't then cancel out for anything other than a dire emergency).
- Often autocrats/feastocrats can use an extra driver to transport stuff from one place to another.
- Offer to advertise their event to your local group/the group you know you'll be visiting tomorrow.
- on the day of the event, before it starts
- during the event
- Give the autocrat and feastocrat a hug.
- There are almost always dishes and odd jobs in the kitchen for a non-cook, as well as jobs serving (bringing food to the tables).
- The kitchen is a great way to meet people at an event, and to learn to cook in a medieval way.
- Obey any instructions by the autocrat in a timely manner without complaints (unless the instruction is really unreasonable - try not to quibble about minor things).
- Volunteer - ask what can be done.
- If everything's under control, don't get in the way. Relax, and enjoy the event.
- at the end of the day (packup)
Remember that the event only works if people work together.