From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
From the Forme of Cury.
- ERBOLATES. XX.VIII. XII.
- Take parsel, myntes, sauerey, & sauge, tansey, veruayn, clarry, rewe, ditayn, fenel, southrenwode, hewe hem & grinde hem smale, medle hem up with Ayrenn. do butter in a trape. & do þe fars þerto. & bake it & messe it forth.
- Erbolat, i.e. Herbolade, a confection of herbs.
- myntes, mint.
Recipe redated by Baroness Ingebjorg Ambasdottir
- 6 Goose eggs (approx equ 12 chicken eggs)
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs including mint, chives, oregano, parsley, basil and marjoram
- Greased shallow glass custard dish.
- Lightly beat eggs, add chopped herbs ad water.
- Pour into dish and Bake at 180 C oven until solid (about 45 minutes)