English Monarchs (poem)
The traditional poem used by English schoolkids to memorise the names of the English Monarchs from William the Conqueror to Elizabeth II. Note that some of the more dubious claims are omitted (eg. Empress Matilda).
- Willie Willie Harry Stee
- Harry Dick John Harry three;
- One two three Neds, Richard two
- Harrys four five six....then who?
- Edwards four five, Dick the bad,
- Harrys (twain), Ned six (the lad);
- Mary, Bessie, James you ken,
- Then Charlie, Charlie, James again...
- Will and Mary, Anna Gloria,
- Georges four, Will four Victoria;
- Edward seven next, and then
- Came George the fifth in nineteen ten;
- Ned the eighth soon abdicated
- Then George six was coronated;
- After which Elizabeth
- And that's all folks until her death.
This was sourced from Britannia History.