- Take a Glass Jar with a well fitting lid (if it has a metal lid it needs to be plastic coated, metal can spoil the taste of the alcohol).
- Sanitise jar by Boiling in HOT water for ten minutes.
- Layer Jar with cherries and fine sugar (the cherries can be whole or pitted)
- Fill Jar with Brandy or Vodka
- Seal and shake jar.
- Place jar in dry, dark location, shake daily.
- Once sugar has dissolved (this will take anywhere from 4 days to 4 weeks, depends on how much sugar there is), filter beverage into presentation bottle (make sure it's also sanitised!)
The result: a thick, reddish beverage that smells/tastes like cherries!
NOTE: the cherries, once removed, can be used on top of the dessert of your choice