Viking Fish Soup (recipe)
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
Submitted by Baron Hrolf Herjolfssen, O.P.
- The head of a large fish
- 1 small haddock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper 2 tablespoons flour
- cup of milk
- 1 litre of cold water
- Wash the fish and place in a pan with the water and salt.
- Boil and skim the froth off the top.
- Add pepper and leave to simmer for 40 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to get rid of the bones and put the stock back in the pan.
- Mix the flour and the milk and add to the stock.
- Boil until thickened.
- Add more salt or pepper to taste, serve with warm baps. Serves 6.