User:Giudo di Niccolo
My name is Jibra'il `Attar, a mid-sixteenth century Safavid Persian currently residing in the Shire of Deodar in the Kingdom of Calontir. Among my many interests and pursuits are: costuming, heraldry, glass bead making, herbalism, 'kumihimo' (Japanese cord braiding), target archery, and rapier combat.
One of my favorite things to do in the SCA is teach...especially when it comes to teaching Newcomers to the Society. I currently teach the following classes at various RUSH events:
- Introduction to SCA Heraldry
- SCA Newcomer's Survival Guide to Camping
- Sumptuary Laws & Customs of Calontir
- Basic Persona Development
- Heraldic Badges: What Are They & How To Use Them
- Introduction to Glass Bead Making
- Jedediah Glasmon (London, England)
-- Glasmon is in reference to my liking of glasswork...and I've always liked the name Jedidiah.
- Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi (Florence, Italy)
-- This has been my primary SCA persona up until September 2006...at which point I switched to Jibra'il.
I also have informally started a personal Household within the Society, the Compagnia dell'Arcangelo Gabriele (or Company of the Archangel Gabriel). The Compagnia is founded upon the structure of the lay confraternities of Renaissance Italy, while focusing on the chivalric values of Chivalry (Courage), Honor (Honesty), Courtesy (Magnanimity), Charity (Generosity, Largesse), Justice (Mercy), Faith (Hope), and Humility (Nobility). These ideals I believe carry a lot of weight and bear great importance to what I believe to be appropriate for courtiers within the SCA.
The Compagnia is also gearing more towards a service Household. The current concept that is being worked with is that the Compagnia will one day be a page school for adult newcomers to the Society. More information as further developments take place....
Aside from myself, this Household consists of two other individuals at this time:
- Signora Imilia di Franco Rinaldi (Shire of Gwyntarian, of the Barony of Brendoken, in the Oaken Region of the Kingdom of the Middle)
- al-Sayidda Rayya bint Da'ud al-Zahra' (formerly known as Rayya Tsigane) (Barony of Mag Mor, in the Kingdom of Calontir)
- Doña Ines Alfon (alternately known as Bantiarna Mor inghean Chathail) (Barony of Forgotten Sea, in the Kingdom of Calontir)
- Herrin Miriam von Schwarzwald (Barony of Forgotten Sea, in the Kingdom of Calontir)
- Herrin Kathlyn Nimet (Barony of Forgotten Sea, in the Kingdom of Calontir)
- Greta of Deodar (Shire of Deodar, in the Kingdom of Calontir)
- AS XXXI: Started in the Shire of La Grand Tente in the Kingdom of Calontir.
- AS XXXIV: Moved to the Shire of Deodar, where I spent quite a bit of time readjusting to my new home.
- AS XXXIX: HE Master Modar Neznanich formally took me on as one of his students. This happened at the Barony of Forgotten Sea's Kris Kinder event.
- AS XXXIX: His Lordship Padraic MacDubhghaille and Lady Anne of Walnut Grove invited me into their household, which I gladly accepted. With that, I am now a member of House ORU (Orphans 'R' Us).
- AS XXXIX: Their Majesties Garick and Yasamin presented me with an Award of Arms at the Shire of Cum an Iolair's 20th Anniverary Clothier's Seminar event.
- AS XXXIX: HE Master Modar Neznanich invited me into his household, House Leatherwolf, at Melon Wars in the newly elevated Shire of Flinthyll. I was most glad to accept the invitation.
- AS XL: Their Majesties Tristram and Katrine called me forth into Grand Court at Lilies War XIX, where they requested my admitance into the Order of the Torse for service to the Kingdom of Calontir and the Shire of Deodar.
- AS XL: I joined the staff of the Royal University of Scir Havoc (RUSH) as a regent.
- AS XL: I graduated from my heraldic studies under HE Master Modar Neznanich at the Spring Coronation of TRM Semjaka and Xorazne. Immediately following my graduation, I was then taken on as an apprentice to Master Mellitus of Rouncivale, focusing on glasswork & lampwork.
- AS XL: While disaster relief efforts in Calontir for Hurricanes Katrina and Rita ended back in February, TRM Semjaka and Xorazne saw a need to form a permanent Kingdom office of Disater Relief Coordinator as a proactive measure for future disaster relief needs. On April 1, 2006 (AS XL), Baron Jon, Kingdom Seneschal appointed me as Calontir's first Kingdom Disaster Relief Coordinator.
- AS XLI: Her Majesty Xorazne Artsuni presented her Queen's Endorsement of Distinction for the Ideals of the Society to me.