From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- Dress the Line
- The people on the shield wall should reposition so that the front is straight. This positioning helps maintain unit cohesion and allows teammates to guard each other's flanks.
- Slow Advance
- Walk slowly forward while maintaining a cleanly dressed formation. Usually the first command issued after the lay-on.
- On the Break
- When the unit commander starts screaming something like "GO GO GO" or "BREAK NOW", you should do what you were told to do.
- Flank Right/Left
- Run around the enemy line in the direction indicated. If correctly executed, the flank maneuver allows many people on your side to attack few people on the enemy side. See Numerical Superiority at Point of Contact
- Slide Right/Left
- The whole unit should step to the side until told to stop. Usually use before the fight.
- Oblique Right/Left
- Each person walks diagonally forward. This is a combination of Slow Advance and Slide Right/Left. The shield wall remains parallel to it's starting line-up.
- Echelon Right/Left
- The person farthest to the right/left starts advancing. The next person follows one step later. The next 1 step later still. The resulting shield wall is on a diagonal but the direction of movement is forward.
- Wheel Right/Left
- The line should pivot. Unfortunately this command is not clear. It does not say whether the right should advance or fall back. See Flank Right/Left and Refuse the Right/Left.
- Refuse the Right/Left
- The indicated side should fall back in an orderly fashion. They are refusing to be flanked.
- Reform "Unit Name"
- Calls all members of your named unit to find their teammates and reassemble.
Typical Commands for a short battle: "On the break, flank right" "Dress the Line" 'Lay-On!' "Slow advance" "Ready . . Go!" whack Whack Whack "Reform Drunkards!"