Template talk:Lochac Barony
There are two thing I'd like help with on this page:
- I need a small image of a Baronial coronet to add into the bottom corners.
- I'd like to make the borders of the box (internal and external) pink, to mimic the Lochac device, but I don't know enough to do it.
- I modified the style tags to do what I think you're looking for. As far as coronets, you want photo or drawn image?--Thorgrimr of Dragonsspine 01:10, 3 Aug 2005 (CDT)
Thanks for the modifications, I was able to fiddle around a bit more and get something like what I wanted. You should be able to see a resemblance between the Lochac arms and the Barony table now. I'm not sure if the pale colours or the straight red and blue look better, but for the moment I have decided to be bold.
As for the coronet, a drawn coronet is what I was thinking of. If you could manage it on a blue background that would be great. Conrad Leviston 08:43, 3 Aug 2005 (CDT)
- Guys, my problem with some of these designs is their size due to the pictures. Can we shrink the size of the images on the pages, or shrink the actual images? Likewise for the device on the Lochac page. And Conrad, is a type of crown specified or traditional for Lochac, because lovely though your image is Thorhrimr, I noticed that you changed the look of the crown. - Cian Gillebhrath 01:50, 4 Aug 2005 (CDT)
- Cian, am I correct in assuming that you meant this comment to go to the Template:SCA Kingdom box page? If so I agree that on a lower resolution monitor some of the devices are too large. The Lochac Barony Template works well for me in a range of resolutions. You can resize an image by adding a | after the image name and then specifying the number of pixels wide you want the image, e.g. 200px . The CoA blazon for the Lochac arms does not specify the type of crown, so any crown is a fair interpretation. I drew up the older device with that crown because that seemed to be the way most people did it, but you would have to ask an active Lochac herald.
- I'm sorry the crown isn't the same as before. I can go back to the drawing board, but it'll take some time, I've got some other heraldry requests locally ahead of it and they're for patches being sewn onto Sporrans (read paid work, lol). I'm glad that we can resize the image with the '|size' in the Image tag so that the gallery will still show the image at full size. I'll remember to add that as I update or add any graphics.--Thorgrimr of Dragonsspine 12:29, 4 Aug 2005 (CDT)