this is STUPID.
they ARE different.
- Art no longer redirects to Arts. Crafts redirects to sciences because crafts had no content of its own (and wouldn't have any content that Sciences, from an SCA perspective, didn't). Science doesn't redirect to Sciences - Tobin
- then it should be a blank page with "see also: science(s)" till someone does an article.... - Ben same as Art
- No, it shouldn't. Do you want a link on the front page to an article that doesn't exist? - Tobin
definately - crafts may or may not be the same as arts, but is definately not the same as sciences. (at least not by the more common usages of the words). Tiff (of course if we were better with the wiki we could just do this ourselves).
- Exactly! This is why the front page should say Arts and Sciences not Arts and crafts. Arts may be the same as crafts but it is not the same as sciences. People in the SCA know the difference between SCA crafts and SCA sciences. - Tobin
Everyone (as far as I know) can change redirect pages - see the Editing help for details. To access the redirect page, try going to the page you want to edit, then click on the link at the top of the page you're redirected to (where it says "Redirected from:" or some such business). You'll be left on the redirect page, where you can edit it to your heart's content. Morgant
- we want a redirect REMOVED..... - Ben
- Then edit the redirect. Redirects are normal pages that can be edited. See Editing Help for details. Morgant
Sciences in the SCA
This is going to seem like baiting but taking a look in the SCA corpora the word Sciences would seem to be correct. In fact Corpora doens't mention the word "craft" even once but Arts and Sciences can be found many times. - Tobin