From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- If you genuinely want people to call you by your SCA name, then keep it simple, or you'll just be given some other nickname, or will be called by your mundane name.
- If you have issues with people (mostly heralds) mispronouncing your name, make it really simple. Or, at least try and get a name that is said as it's spelt, or people will STILL screw it up even if it's something as simple as 'John'.
- Be sure you like the name. You could be stuck with something you really hate for your entire SCA life.
- What is an SCA Name?
- Choosing a Society Name: Hints for Newcomers
- The Medieval Names Archive of The Academy of St. Gabriel (a collection of articles on medieval and renaissance names intended to help you choose historically accurate names)
- SCA College of Arms - Name Articles (a directory of educational material regarding names, naming practices and related subjects)