Rapes in potage (recipe)
From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
From the Forme of Cury
- RAPES IN POTAGE. V.
- Take rapus and make hem clene and waissh hem clene. quare hem. parboile hem. take hem up. cast hem in a gode broth and see� hem. mynce Oynouns and cast �erto Safroun and salt and messe it forth with powdour douce. the wise make of Pasturnakes and skyrwates.
- Rapes, or rapus. Turneps.
- quare hem. Cut them in _squares_, or small pieces. V. Gloss.
- in the wise, i.e. in the same manner. Self or same, seems to be casually omitted. Vide No. 11 and 122.
- Pasturnakes, for parsnips or carrots. V. Gloss.
- skyrwates, for skirrits or skirwicks.
Other modern redactions of this recipe are available: