From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
This is a list of foods that can often be gotten fro myour local shops, and don't generally require cooking, suitable for potluck feasts. If you feel like cooking, see period recepies.
- period Fruits
- Dried fruits and nuts
- fruit pies (yes look in that supermarket freezer for apple, pear, apricot or berry pies), but please defrost them on a cold day.
- quiche - there is a kind of period tart - eg Ember_Day_Tart much like a quiche, although more heavily spiced. Try for a plain quiche without tomatoe in it please.
- large meat pies, preferably with added other ingedients (not potatoe), eg a period pie with meat and berries Caneline_Beef_Pie(recipe)
- bread (remember the autocrat often supplies some too)
- roast chicken - hot or cold (but be careful of food safety
- cut cold meats
- some dips
- chives and onion???
- salad - was made up of hebs and general leaffy stuff, including flowers and sometimes chopped fruit. Salad mix may not be a bad approximation to some period salads.
- sweet buns eg glazed sultana buns (I think)
- almond cake (look at the gormet italian coffee cakes in he supermarket)