From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
Medieval names took many forms.
Human names tend to use combinations of the following:
- first (or Christian) names
- e.g. Ingrid, Michael, Brigid, Ivan, Catherine, Tomas
- e.g John of London, John Glasgow, Piers a Paris
- Patronymic/Matyrnomic (citing your father or mother)
- e.g. Jon Peterson, Ingibjorg Maridottir, Eoghann ap Andreis, Mari inghean Sean
- Clannish (citing the name of the clan)
- e.g. O'Brien, MacDonald, von Helsing
- e.g. John Longshanks, Eric the Red
[TO BE FILLED IN]
Names in the SCA
This article is just a stub. You are welcome to edit and expand upon what has been written here.