Kingdom of Atlantia
|Kingdom of Atlantia|
Per pale argent and azure, on a fess wavy, cotised and counterchanged, a crown vallery Or, environed of a laurel wreath proper.
The Kingdom of Atlantia covers the American states of Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and part of Georgia.
Atlantia became a Principality of the Kingdom of the East in A.S. XII. Having gained the right to become an independent Kingdom, the first Crown Tourney was won by Michael of Bedford, who was at that time King of the East. Atlantia became a Kingdom in May, A.S. XVI (1981) and Michael was crowned as Atlantia's first King by his successor to the Kingdom of the East, Sigfried.
Baronies and Shires of Atlantia
Princes and Princesses of Atlantia:
- Alaric and Yseult
- Laeghaire and Ysabeau, 9/24/77
- Michael and Carissa, 3/18/78
- Bryetor and Khirsten, 9/23/78
- Tojanerum and Deirde, 3/24/79
- Ragnarr and Gwenllian, 9/17/79
- Bertrand and Astarte, 4/12/80
- Bryetor and Kathryn, 10/11/80
Kings are listed first in the entry, then Queens. Dates and places of investiture are listed if known.
- Michael of Bedford and Carissa of Burgandy, 5/2/81, Tir-y-don
- Bertrand de Flammepoing and Anya de Calais, 9/19/81, Stierbach
- Gyrth Oldcastle and Melisande de Belvoir, 04/03/82, Storvik
- Jahn of Outman and Tuiren de Lisle, 10/09/82, Tir-y-don
- Michael of Bedford (2) and Carissa of Burgundy (2), 03/26/83 ,Falcon Cree
- Olaf Askoldsson and Aislinn Shattenwald, 10/01/83, Sacred Stone
- Richard Corwin and Anne Corwin, 04/07/84, Storvik
- Knarlic Wulfherson and Alexis Ruthin of Wessex, 10/20/84 Marinus
- Richard Corwin (2) and Anne Corwin (2), 04/27/85, Storvik
- Olaf Askoldsson (2) and Aislinn Shattenwald (2), 10/12/85, Hidden Mountain
- Tsunetomi Tsuneo and Nyan-Nyan, 04/19/86, Black Diamond
- Klaus von Trollenberg and Arianwen Cyffaith of Caerlon, 10/18/86, Storvik
- Olaf Askoldsson (3) and Judith von Gruenvald, 04/04/87, Sacred Stone
- Baudoin MacKenzie (2) aka: Tsunetomi Tsuneo and Caterina Leonora di Forza d'Argo (2) aka: Nyan-Nyan, 10/3/87, Windmaster's Hill
- Dafydd ap Gwystl and Elizabeth Beaufort, 3/12/88, Storvik
- Barry McFadyen and Marie Simone de Barjavel'la Fildena, 09/24/88, Nottinghill Coil
- Michael of Bedford (3) and Seonaid ni Fhionn, 04/08/89, Marinus
- Barry McFadyen (2) and Marie Simone de Barjavel'la Fildena (2), 09/09/89, Hidden Mountain
- Michael of Bedford (4) and Seonaid ni Fhionn (2), 03/03/90, Storvik
- Olaf Askoldsson (4) and Aislinn Shattenwald (3), 09/08/90, Sacred Stone
- Anton Tremayne and Luned of Snowden, 04/06/91, Windmasters’ Hill
- Galmr Ingolfsson and Katharina von Straubing, 09/14/91, Dun Carraig
- Michael of Bedford (5) and Seonaid ni Fhionn (3), 03/07/92, Storvik
- Steffan of Wulfshaven and Twila of Wulfshaven, 09/12/92, Storvik
- Cuan MacDaige and Arianwen the Nimblefingered, 03/06/93, Hindscroft
- Black Kane O’Shannon and Muirgen of Caer Dubh, 09/04/93, Caer Mear
- Anton Tremayne (2) and Luned of Snowden (2), 3/5/94
- Thorbrandr Olafsson and Eorann O'Connor, 09/10/94, Dun Carraig
- Michael of Bedford (6) and Seonaid ni Fhionn (4), 04/01/95, Sacred Stone
- Cuan MacDaige (2) and Brigit of Mercia, 09/09/95, Windmasters' Hill
- Galmr Ingolfsson (2) and Katharina von Straubing (2), 04/20/96, Storvik
- Logan Ebonwoulfe and Arielle the Golden, 10/05/96, Sacred Stone
- Cuan MacDaige (3) and Bera Thorbjarnardottir, 4/5/97, Caer Mear
- Logan Ebonwoulfe (2) and Arielle the Golden (2), 9/13/97, Sacred Stone
- Michael of Bedford(7) and Seonaid ni Fhionn(5), 3/21/98, Marinus
- Anton Tremayne (3) and Luned of Snowden (3), 9/12/98, Windmaster's Hill
- Stephan of Bellatrix and Niobe Lais of Bellatrix, 3/20/99, Caer Mear
- Amalric Blackhart and Caia of Snowden, 9/11/99, Caer Mear
- Ragnarr Blackhammer and Kyneburh Boithuile, 4/1/00, Windmaster's Hill
- Anton Tremayne (4) and Emer ny Reyly, 9/9/00, Sacred Stone
- [] and Mary-Grace of Gatland, 4/7/01, Caer Mear
- Galmr Ingolfsson (3) and Aryanna Hawkins, 9/8/01,
- Logan Ebonwoulfe (3) and Isabel Grimault, 4/3/02, Windmaster's Hill
- Cuan Macdaige (4) and Padraigin O'hEachach, 9/07/02,
- Logan Ebonwoulfe (4) and Isabel Grimault (2), 4/5/03, Falcon Cree
- Ragnarr Blackhammer (2) and Kyneburh Boithuile (2), 9/6/03, Stierbach
- Cuan Macdaige (5) and Padraigin O'hEachach (2), 4/03/04, Seareach
- Janos of Cyddlain Downs and Rachel Wallace, 9/04/04,
- Kingdom Crusades is where the Atlantia battles the Kingdom of the East. Held in October in Maryland. More information can be found at http://crusades.eastkingdom.org/
- Queen's Order of Courtesy: Given at the whim of the Queen for exemplary display of the chivalric ideal It's badge is fieldless: an escallop Or.
- Shark's Tooth: Given by the Monarch (either the King or Queen) for exemplary skill at arms. It's badge is fieldless: a shark's tooth natural.
- King's Award of Excellence: Given at the whim of the King for any sort of excellence. It's badge is Or, the King's initial azure.
- Undine: Given by the Queen for personal service. It's badge is Or, the Queen's initial azure.
- Sea-Urchin: Given to young children by the Crown in recognition of their contributions or good deeds. It's badge is fieldless: a sea-urchin azure.
- Order of Nonpareil: This award honors and recognizes those who have shown excellence, honor, courtesy or chivalry above and beyond any duty. The members of this Order exemplify what it means to be an Atlantian. This award may be given only once per reign and is conveyed solely at the discretion of the Crown. It's badge is Or, a sword between four towers sable.
- Golden Nautilus: This award is the gift of the King and Queen jointly or individually to those who have distinguished themselves by an extraordinary achievement in the Arts and Sciences. It's badge is (Fieldless) A nautilus shell argent.
- Hippocampus: The Hippocampus honors and recognizes those young people (from 10 to 17), whose service and contributions to the Kingdom of Atlantia have distinguished them in the eyes of the Crown and Kingdom. It's badge: (Fieldless) A sea-horse per fess argent and azure.
- Fountain: A gift of the King and Queen jointly or individually, The Fountain honors and recognizes those subjects who have performed acts of service for the Kingdom of Atlantia. Currently, it's heraldry is pending approval.
- Herring: This award recognizes those who have shown extraordinary skill as autocrats. It's badge is (Fieldless) a herring urinant argent.
- Golden Gazelle: This recognizes those minors (up to 17) who have displayed extraordinary courtesy. Currently, the heraldry is pending for this award.
The following orders are all armigerous awards:
- Order of the Opal
- Order of the Coral Branch
- Order of the Silver Osprey
- Order of the King's Missiliers
- Order of the Sea Dragon
High orders of merit:
- Order of the Golden Dolphin - Per chevron enhanced engrailed argent and azure, in base a dolphin naiant to sinister Or.
- Order of the Pearl - (fieldless) On an escallop inverted azure a roundel argent.
- Order of the Sea Stag - Azure, a stag's head cabossed and in base two tridents in saltire argent.
- Order of the Kraken - (fieldless) A kraken Or.
- Order of the Yew Bow: Given to Atlantians who demonstrate skill at archery (both target and combat), it's badge is A unicornate natural seahorse's head erased maintaining in its mouth an arrow inverted bendwise.
- Order of the White Scarf: Given to members of the Academie d'Espee who attain the rank of Provost through demonstrated skill with the rapier. It's badge is Argent, a billet between two unicornate seahorse azure. Additionally, members of this Order may wear white scarves on their left arm, like a knight's white belt.
West | East | Middle | Atenveldt | Meridies | Caid | Ansteorra | Atlantia | An Tir | Calontir | Trimaris | Outlands | Drachenwald | Artemisia | Æthelmearc | Ealdormere | Lochac | Northshield | Gleann Abhann | Avacal