Index of clothing styles
A list names of Commonly worn clothing styles in the sca Some of these are misnomers, unrepresentative of the bredth of clothing of the medeival period, or are often reproduced poorly, however, they are the style names a beginner costumer will often encounter.
- generic early period t-tunic
- 10 gore dress
- viking clothing
- norman bliaut
- italian renaisance
- elizabethan dress
Medieval clothing styles by time period:
- 600-800 (note: not sure on where to put time boundaries here)
- bliaut in England, france, germanic region, italy, and some features copied further afield eg Christian Spain
- t-tunic in neraly all of europe
- Spain-side laced dresses
- sideless surcoat
Medieval Clothing styles by Region:
- Germanic region
- great kilt
- France and region
- Eastern Europe (Hungary, Poland, Checkosolvakia)
- Italian city states
- Roman Empire
- Byzantium and "near East"
- Northern Africa (Including Egypt)
- Spain (Islamic and Christian)
- THe region Including Afganistan....
- Other Asian
This page is a work in progress, and also an overview the scope of which is beyond any average person. Details will be wrong - fix them.