Gronnden benes (recipe)
From the Forme of Cury.
- FOR TO MAKE GRONDEN BENES. I.
- Gronden Benes. Beans ground (y ground, as No. 27. 53. 105.) stript of their hulls. This was a dish of the poorer householder, as also is 4 and 5, and some others.
- a nost. An ost, or kiln. Vide Gloss. _voce_ Ost.
- wyndewe. Winnow.
- gode broth. Prepared beforehand.
- 2 cups split fava beans
- 4 cups beef and red wine stock
- 250 g cubes bacon
- Fried shallots to garnish
- Simmer beans in stock for about and hour or until nearly soft.
- Add bacon and simmer for another 20-30 minutes until beans are really soft