From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
- Melt butter over very low heat. Make sure it does not burn. If you see any smoke or ripples on the surface of the butter, turn it down!
- Increase the heat slightly, still looking out for any scorching.
- Leave the butter to cook over low heat for approximately an hour, checking frequently but without stirring. You will see the milk solids sinking, and foam at the top.
- After an hour, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool about 15 mins.
- Carefully skim any remaining foam or floating substances off the top.
- Filter the remaining clear liquid into a clean container. You can use cheesecloth, coffee filter or paper towel as a filter.
- Cover and store in a cool place.