If you're a newbie you can arrange for someone, such as the hospitaller to lend you garb for your first few events until you have your own garb. It could be something as simple a t-tunic or as elaborate as an Elizabethan farthingale.
If you can't sew, you can always find plenty of people to help you. If you don't want to sew, you can always pay someone to make it for you, or offer whatever trade or skill you have in exchange for garb.
- Links, links and more links - http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics/clot.htm
- Irish clothing from legendary to Tudor - http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/irish/
- Scots, including the truth about the great-kilt - http://reconstructinghistory.com/scottish/
- Japanese - http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/japanese/
- Lots of stuff on middle eastern garb. Primarily Maghrabi and Andalusian - http://witch.drak.net/linah/courtyard.html