Frytour of pasturnakes (recipe)
From the Forme of Cury.
- FRYTOUR OF PASTERNAKES OF APPLES. XX.VII. IX.
- Frytour, &c. Contents has only, Frytours of Pasternakes. N. B. Frytour is Fritter.
Fritter of Parsnips and Apples
Makes about 40 fritters
Parboil Carrots, Parsnips and apples. Make a batter of flour, egg, ale, lemon zest, saffron and salt. Wet pieces in batter and fry them in oil.
- Peel and chop parsnip, carrots and apples. Parboil them until soft. Drain out water and slightly mash.
- Mix flour, egg and larger to make a stiff dough. Add mash.
- Drop tablespoonfuls into hot olive oil and fry until golden brown.