From the Forme of Cury.
- FLAUMPENS. XX.IX. IIII.
- Take fat Pork ysode. pyke it clene. grynde it smale. grynde Chese & do þerto. wiþ sugur and gode powdours. make a coffyn of an ynche depe. and do þis fars þerin. make a thynne foile of gode past & kerue out þeroff smale poyntes. frye hem in fars. & bake it up &c.
- Flaumpeyns. Flaumpens, Contents. V. No. 113.
- Points, seems the same as Prews, No. 176.
- in fars, f. in the fars; and yet the Fars is disposed of before; ergo quære.
- 750 g Pork, chopped small (not ground)
- 3 Egg Yolks, had boiled
- 2 tsp Galingal ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- one 8 inch x 2 inch deep dish pie crust with lid
- Fry pork and add spices and crushed eggs yolks
- Blind bake the bottom of the pie crust at 220 C for 15 minutes
- Put pork into crust and put grated cheese on top. Add lid and bake at 190 C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.