From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
So period fabric materials include:
- Linnen - mainly for underclothes and lining wool
- Cotton - rare in late period, almost completely non-existant in easrly period, generally a fluffy fabric like flannelette, not often similar to our modern cotton
- Wool - used for dresses, tunics, cloaks
- silk - expensive because it was brighter, stronger, nicer
- hemp - used by peasants sometimes in place of linnen mostly. coarser than linnen.
- nettle cloth - yes early period people made cloth from nettles, I think it was somewhat like linnen