Drawen benes (recipe)
From the Forme of Cury
- FOR TO MAKE DRAWEN BENES. II.
- Take benes and seeþ hem and grynde hem in a morter and drawe hem up with gode broth an do Oynouns in the broth grete mynced an do þerto and colour it with Safroun and serve it forth.
- morter. Mortar.
- drawe hem up. Strain them.
- grete mynced. Grossly, not too small.
- Simmer beans in stock for about an hour or until nearly soft.
- Fry onion and add and simmer for another 20-30 minutes until beans are really soft
- Add saffron and serve