Cariadoc of the Bow
- declared war on himself and lost, thus starting the Pennsic Wars.
- proposed the idea of Enchanted Ground.
- publishes the Miscellany.
- was an early translator of medieval cookbooks, and source for the same.
- is, to the best of my research, the Premier Pelican of the SCA.
And many, many other things. Do a Google search on "Cariadoc of the Bow" and see what happens. (As of today, 13 Nov. 2006, that search has 400+ hits and there are many references to Duke Cariadoc or Master Cariadoc and so on that don't show up on that search.
- Some history about the founding of Pennsic - http://www.nordskogen.northshield.org/pennsicprimer/01war.htm
- Cariadoc's web pages with links to the Miscellany, Cookbooks, etc. - http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Medieval.html