From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
A battle cry is a word or phrase shouted by warriors in combat, intended to strengthen the morale of friendly troops and shake the morale of the enemy. Battle cries are also used to rally troops at need.
Battle Cries in Period
- Olicrosse! (Holy Cross!) was the French battle cry at the Battle of Bouvines.
- Santiago y Adelante! (Saint James and at them!) is a Spanish battle cry dating from the Reconquista.
- Hakkaa p��lle! (Hack them down!) is a Finnish battle cry, documented during the 17th century.
- Lamh Ladir Abu! is an ancient Irish battle cry.
- Allah-u Akbar! (God is Great) is the traditional Muslim battle cry, partly because it is the duty of a devout Muslim to say these words before death.