Difference between revisions of "Barony of al-Barran"
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
The Barony hosts several [[event]]s throughout the year. The largest being [[Grand Outlandish]] held over Memorial Day weekend each year. Other events include [[Sworded Affair
The Barony hosts several [[event]]s throughout the year. The largest being [[Grand Outlandish]] held over Memorial Day weekend each year. Other events include [[Sworded Affair]], [[Mid-Winter]], [[Esperanza]], and a yearly [[tournament]] in November to benefit Toys for Tots.
Revision as of 15:17, 23 July 2006
Sable, a chevron argent, overall a scorpion and in base a laurel wreath, both Or.
The Barony al-Barran is in the SCA Kingdom of Outlands and located mundanely in and around Albuquerque, NM. It is one of seven Baronies in the Kingdom. Al-Barran currently encompasses the College of Blaiddwyn located at the University of New Mexico. The Barony currently consists of approximately 500 members active in all areas of the SCA.
Barons and Baronesses of al-Barran
- Raymond the Quiet (Founding Baron) and Rodema de Rohan (Baroness by courtesy) May 29, 1976 – February 28, 1981
- Stefan of the Wanderers (Vicar) and Beau Marishka (Vicaress) February 28, 1981 – May 23, 1981
- Stefan of the Wanderers and Beau Marishka May 23, 1981 – May 27, 1983
- Koris Natterhelm May 28, 1983 – June 2, 1984
- Beau Marishka (Vicaress) June 2, 1984 – August 25, 1984
- Koris Natterhelm August 25, 1984 – December 15, 1984
- Stefan of the Wanderers and Beau Marishka December 15, 1984 – April 11, 1992
- Needham Inigo Bledsoe and Susan the Midwife April 11, 1992 – September 21, 1996
- Iric BlackElk (Vicar) September 21, 1996 – December 21, 1996
- Needham Inigo Bledsoe and Susan the Midwife December 21, 1996 – May 24, 1997
- Artan macAilín (Vicar) May 24, 1997 – May 25, 1997 (overnight)
- Kragon of Land's End and Sarah de Montgomerie May 25, 1997 – May 27, 2000
- Alexander Trevor and Fermina de Caballo May 27, 2000 – May 28, 2004
- Ryan de Caergybi and Tana a l'Esprit Fort May 28, 2004 – July 8, 2006
- Gregor von Munchaasen and Monika the Fair July 8, 2006 – Present
Kings and Queens of the Outlands from al-Barran
- Gunwaldt and Aelflaed -- June 14, 1986 - November 1, 1986
- Johann and Kathryn -- November 1, 1986 - May 30, 1987
- Artan and Tara -- May 30, 1987 - November 7, 1987
- Artan II and Tara -- November 5, 1988 - May 6, 1989
- Johann II and Layla -- May 6, 1989 - November 4, 1989
- Leif and Ishtar -- November 4, 1989 - May 3, 1990
- Artan III and Aziza -- May 3, 1990 - November 4, 1990
- Johann III and Monika -- November 4, 1990 - May 4, 1991
- Leif II and Elisheva -- May 1, 1993 - November 6, 1993
- Artan IIII and Aziza -- May 7, 1994 - November 5, 1994
- Vagn and Thora -- November 5, 1994 - May 13, 1995
- Hrothger and Madigan -- May 13, 1995 - November 11, 1995
- Artan V and Aziza -- November 11, 1995 - May 11, 1996
- Torn and Elisheva -- November 9, 1996 - May 10, 1997
- Lycurgus and Mikulina -- May 10, 1997 - November 8, 1997
- Cameron and Anne Aliz -- November 8, 1997 - May 9, 1998
- Hrothger II and Madigan -- May 9, 1998 - November 14, 1998
- Lycurgus and Mikulina -- May 8, 1999 - November 13, 1999
- Martino and Aindrea -- November 13, 1999 - May 13, 2000
- Jaxarticus and Kathryn -- November 9, 2002 - May 10, 2003
- Hrorek and Caoilfhionn -- November 12, 2005 - May 13, 2006
- Baron: Sir Gregor von Munchaasen
- Baroness: Lady Monika the Fair
- Seneschal: Lord Y Port Lairge
- Knight Marshal: THL Chinua al-Naran
- Reeve: Lady Sile O'Daragh
- Arts & Sciences Minister: Lady Bianca Mantegna
- Hospitaller: THL Diana of Llanberris
- Chronicler: Lady Kymma Godric
- Rapier Marshal: Lord JT Whoreschum
- Webminister: Lady Melody Shaw
- Scorpion Pursuivant: THL Pendar the Bard
- Mistress of the Lists: Lady Emer Fitton
- Quartermaster: Lady Natasha Mechislav
- Waterbearer: Lady Mabel McEwen
- Captain of the Archers: Uasal OEngus of Greymist
- Equestrian: THL Dubheasa
- Scribe: Mistress Monika von Zell
- Chirurgeon: Sir Dennis the Wright
- Order of the Desert Fawn (CDF) is given to those members fifteen years of age and under who have consistently demonstrated the ideals of nobility, virtue, and grace in their behavior.
- Order of Antares Kano is given to newer members of the Barony who have shown their worth in a short amount of time.
- Order of the Russian Thistle (CRT) is presented to those persons who have worked in the arts and shared their talents with other members of the Barony.
- Order of the Watchfire is given to those persons who have demonstrated excellence in the art of archery.
- Order of the Espada de Oro (CEO) is given to those persons who have demonstrated excellence in the art of fencing.
- Hammer of al-Barran (CEO) is given to those persons who have demonstrated excellence in the art of Heavy Fighting.
- Order of the Scorpion's Sting (CSS) is presented to those persons who have demonstrated their Exceptional skill in the fighting arts; both teaching and skill.
- Order of the Heart of the Scorpion of al-Barran (CHSA) is given to those persons who, being at all times an example of chivalry, gentility, nobility and authenticity, are most exemplary in the conduct of themselves, to the greater credit and worth of al-Barran.
The Barony hosts several events throughout the year. The largest being Grand Outlandish held over Memorial Day weekend each year. It is at this event each year where a new Lord of Outlandish and Lady of May is determined. Other events include Sworded Affair, Mid-Winter, Esperanza, and a yearly tournament in November to benefit Toys for Tots. Also the College of Blaiddwyn hosts Pack Games and Winter Wolf and encourages the full participation of the Barony.
Here is a sample list of Households in al-Barran. Listed Alphabetically:
- Barking Spyder aka The Pyrats of al-Barran
- Crimson Company
- Dark Sun
- Golden Oak
- Haven Navarre
- The Vikings aka The Oddlings
- Rolling Thunder