Caer Galen is a Barony of the Kingdom of Outlands mundanely located in and around Boulder, CO.
The Shire of Caer Galen was registered in A.S. XIV (1980), and was elevated to the Baronial Dignity on 13 September A.S. XXXVIII (2003).
Barons and Baronesses of Caer Galen
- Massimiliano Pontieri dal Sasso (Founding Baron) and Yazida bint Zarif (Founding Baroness) -- 13 September 2003 - 4 February 2006
- Randal Carrick and Katherina von Lehmann -- 4 February 2006 - 26 July 2008
- Bjarki Gulbjornsson and Asta Olafsdottir -- 26 July 2008 to Present
Positions of Honour
The Baronial Guard
- Defender (For Heavy Weapons fighters, generally selected at Defender)
- Captain of the Guard (For Rapier fighters, generally selected at Midwinter)
- Lieutenant of the Guard (For Rapier fighters, generally selected at Defender)
- Patron of the Arts (The gentle who contributed the largest donation towards the Caer Galen Patronage Prize)
The Harp of Caer Galen
One of the highest honors Caer Galen can give its people, once a year at the Midwinter Revel, the populace votes on the person who has contributed the most to the Barony and who most embodies the spirit of Caer Galen.
- 2007 - Jeanne Dyfrigi
- 2006 - Andros Korkyrates
- 2005 - Massimiliano Pontieri dal Sasso and Yazida bint Zarif
- 2004 - Jeanne-Marie Dubois
- 2003 - Meenakshi da Gama
- 2002 - Cecily de Heselington
- 2001 - Regana van Kortrijk
- 2000 - László Rózsa
- 1999 - Beatricia Carmela Mercante
- 1998 - Valentine Michael de la Fere
- 1997 - Klaus von Nachtwald
- 1996 - Klaus von Nachtwald
- 1995 - Brianna Chevreuil
- 1994 - Maximillian Steanbrycg (now known as Massimiliano Pontieri dal Sasso)
- 1993 - Elizabeth O’Byrnne and Alexandre d’Avigne
- 1992 - Brigit O’Breslin and Magnus Rothach
- 1991 - Elizabeth O’Byrnne and Irel Krist of Starre Inn
- 1990 - Marisela de Broide
- 1989 - Francesca di Pavia
- 1988 - Morguen ni Lochsolas
- 1987 - Elizabeth Freemountain and Morguen ni Lochsolas
- 1986 - Idunn Felinnoir
- 1985 - Marged Tylluan Fach and Betva a Bedwyn
The Doge of Caer Galen
- His Zippiness, Rüdeger Günther Marenholtz, (Overseer of the Wine Cellars of the Inn of William Cooper)
- His Zippiness, Massimiliano Pontieri dal Sasso
- His Supreme and Illustrious Highness, Madoch Greyson (aka "His Serenity")
The Senate of Caer Galen
Patricians of the Barony, who have traced their lineage back far enough into the mists of history to be proclaimed members of the Senate.
Baronial Awards and Orders
- Order of the Arch of Caer Galen (BA) - given to those persons who have given outstanding service to the Barony, above and beyond that service normally expected of subjects of the Crown.
- Order of the Bards Militant (CBM) - given to those persons who have enhanced the Glory of Caer Galen through their excellence in martial affairs.
- L’Ordre du Cochon Volant (CV) - given to those persons who have achieved seemingly impossible results against nigh insurmountable odds.
- Order of the Curmudgeons of Caer Galen (BC) - given to persons of long time participation in the affairs of Caer Galen, spanning at least fifteen (15) years. The holders of this award shall be styled as Companions of the Band of Curmudgeons.
- Order of the Dancing Monkey (DM) - given to persons who have brought much joy and laughter to the Barony of Caer Galen.
- Order of the Foal (CF) - given to those persons under sixteen (16) years of age who have shown themselves to be an asset to the Barony.
- Order of the Nightingale's Song (CNS) - given to those persons who have enhanced the Glory of Caer Galen through their achievements in the Arts.
- L’Ordre du Poignard Noir (BPN) - given to those persons who have given outstanding personal service to the Coronet, above and beyond that service normally expected of subjects of the Crown.
- Order of Saint William the Cooper (BCW) - given to those persons who have done good works for the Barony and the People of the Barony.
- Order of the Storytellers of Caer Galen (SCG) - given to those persons who have been inspirational to others by their grace and actions.