A barony is a large branch within and subject to the administration of a Kingdom, or Principality if there is one. They administer the branches within their borders, and have a Baron and Baroness, the ceremonial representatives appointed by The Crown. Baronies have their own baronial level awards.
Advancement to barony can only occur if the following are in place:
- 25 subscribing members
- Set of officers acceptable to The Crown (and The Corronet, if applicable)
- A name and registered device
- Concensus favouring advancement by the population of the proposed barony, and The Crown.
- A baron and baroness must be selected at the time of application.
- A strong record of activity in a variety of fields of endeavour.
Refer to Corpora at http://www.sca.org/docs/welcome.html for more information