From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 3/5 cups (4 dl) milk & beer
- 1 oz (30 g) yeast
- 1 3/4 oz (50 g) melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 9 oz (250 g) wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 2-3 eggs
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm mixture of milk & beer (3:1?).
- Then add the melted (and cooled!) butter, salt, sugar and the egg YOLKS.
- Mix thoroughly and let it ferment for an hour or so.
- Then, just before baking, beat the egg whites until they're stiff and fluffy and add it carefully.
- For the baking you need a special pan (aebleskivepande), which usually has 7-8 holes into which you pour the dough. If you can't get hold of such a pan, then you might try frying the dough as if it was french fries (shrimps, or whatever)
- Serve with strawberry (or black currant or ...) jelly and sugar. Traditionally they're to be served with very finely ground sugar (caster sugar), though normal sugar can be used.