From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- Renaissance affects philosophy, science and art.
- Rise of Modern English language from Middle English.
- Lollardy is suppressed in England; John Badby is the first person burnt at the stake for heresy in England.
- Great Schism of the Catholic Church is ended in 1417.
- Jeanne d'Arc in 1429 leads French forces to a victory against England in a battle of the Hundred Years' War.
- Constantinople falls to the Ottoman Empire in 1453.
- John Huss is burned at the stake
- Niccolo Machiavelli writes The Prince.
- The Spanish Inquisition is established.
- Muslims and Jews are expelled from southern Spain after almost 800 years of Moslem rule, in 1492.
- Christopher Columbus reaches Caribbean islands in 1492 and South America in 1498.
- Vasco da Gama completes sea voyage to India, in 1498.
- Filippo Brunelleschi invents one-point perspective, leads innovation in Italian architecture
- Leonardo da Vinci, inventor and painter
- Henry VII, English King founds the Tudor dynasty
Inventions, Discoveries, Introductions
- Pictures of 15th century Female Dress including burgundian - http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/15th/index.html
- The golden crown of Queen Margaret - http://www.virtue.to/articles/margaret.html
- Some Clothing of the Middle Ages - http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/bockhome.html
Renaissance Dance Links
- 15th century Italian Dance: http://www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/sections/15th_c_italian_dance.html
- 15th century Burgundian Basse Danse: http://www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/sections/burgundian_basse_danse.html
If you're interested in recreating the later part of the 15th century then you may want to talk to some of the folks in the Company of St Sebastian.