From CunnanJump to navigationJump to search
- 1000, Leif Eiriksson, son of Eirik Rauda (Eric the Red) is sent back to to Greenland to convert the Greenlanders to Christianity.
- 1000 (cca), There is a series of convoluted and contradictory legends about the discovery of Vinland, whether there were any settlements or what, but suffice it to say that it is generally believed that Vikings arrived in North America around this time
- 1054, the Great Schism, in which the Western (Roman Catholic) and Eastern Orthodox churches separated from each other. After a number of earlier such schisms, the breach was later repaired, but this one continues nearly 1000 years later.
- 1066, Norman conquest of England
- 1094, El Cid, the great Spanish hero, conquers the Moorish city of Valencia
- 1099, First Crusade captures Jerusalem
Inventions, Discoveries, Introductions
- Invention of military rockets by the Chinese
External Garb Links
- Some Clothing of the Middle Ages - http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/bockhome.html