Sowpes Dorry (recipe)
From the Forme of Cury.
- SOWPES DORRY. XX.IIII. II.
- Sowpes Dorry. Sops endorsed. V. Dorry in Gloss.
- A leyne. a layer.
- 6 small/medium onions, white (used home grown ones in trial)
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2/3 Cup almond meal
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 3 slices bread, toasted
- Cut onions into small pieces, fry in olive oil until soft. Add wine and chicken broth and boil for 5 minutes.
- Combine almond meal and hot water, stir vigorously and strain, discarding pulp.
- Toast bread, break into pieces and place in bottom of serving bowl. Pour Almond milk over bread. Pour onion mixture over the top and serve
Notes: the chicken broth is not part of the original but it gives the soup a bit of extra flavour and cuts the wine a bit. A grating a black papper is a nice addition