Russhewses of Fruyt (recipe)
From the Forme of Cury.
- RYSSHEWS OF FRUYT. XX.IX. II.
- Rysshews. russhewses, Contents. Qu.
- 140 g Dried Figs, chopped
- 125 g Raisins
- 2 medium Apples, cored and peeled
- 2 medium Pears, cored and peeled
- 1 cup white wine
- Good Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white flour
- Soak figs and Raisins in wine
- Drain wine from dried fruit and grind them with the apples and pears to make a coarse paste.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- drop small spoonfuls into a pan of hot oil and deep fry until done.
- Drain and dust with coarse raw sugar to serve
We tried this recipe without the egg and flour as per the orginal but there was no binding agent and there was no way to fry them. By adding the egg and flour you do get a delightful fried fruit rissole. VicCG