Grilled Venison in Juniper Berry Sauce (recipe)
(Redirected from Grilled Venison in Juniper Berry Sauce(recipe))Jump to navigationJump to search
Submitted by Baron Hrolf Herjolfssen, O.P.
- Quantity of Venison as either steaks or sausages
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 200 g Juniper berries
- 1 sliced ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon port wine
- salt and pepper
- Marinate the meat for 2 to 3 hours in the olive oil, brandy and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Rotate so that all meat gets some soaking.
- Pat dry and grill as preferred.
- Just before cooked, add the berries port and the pear.
- Combine to make a sauce with the meat.
Try this one out at home first, with a small quantity, to master your timing with the sauce.